Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Gameday in Starkville

What is the world coming to?  ESPN's College Gameday is live from Starkville Mississippi this Saturday.  I know is is a game between two top 5 teams but it just doesn't seem right. It is a clear sign that in this day in college football anyone that puts together the right combination of coach, players and game plan can win.   Coach Dan Mullen hasn't had the most successful run at Mississippi State but this year behind quarterback Dak Prescott the Bulldogs have climbed to #3.  This past week against Texas A&M Prescott went 19 of 25 for 259 yards and two touchdowns through the air while adding 77 yards and 3 touchdowns on the ground.  This may turn out to be a high scoring affair going up against Auburn's high powered offense that just hung 41 on LSU.

 I will reluctantly pick the Tigers but I think I'm going to pull for Mississippi State anyway.  Anybody have a cowbell I can borrow?

No comments: